Case Packer Operator 1
ABOUT TEENY FOODS:
Teeny Foods is a frozen food manufacturer located on the outskirts of Portland, Oregon, near the city of Gresham. We have been a family owned and operated producer of a variety of baked, frozen handheld entrees for over 54 years. We have experienced double digit growth for the past several years through innovation, automation and utilizing today’s leading technology in the food manufacturing industry. We currently bake, package and store all our frozen products on site. We are looking for stellar new employees who are committed to joining our team and working in a steady, fast-paced environment. You can learn more about Teeny Foods at www.teenyfoods.com.
What We offer:
- Competitive Wages
- 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A variety of other benefits
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to meet you!
Selected candidates will have employment eligibility verified through the E-Verify program as well as be required to pass a Drug screen and a criminal background investigation.
Applicants should submit a Resume and Cover Letter detailing how they meet the specific job requirements, including highlighting previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing plant (preferably food production).
Medical, dental, and vision benefits will be offered following 90 days of continuous full-time employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) will be front loaded on the 91st day of employment. 401K plan with up to 4% matching contributions, holiday pay and profit sharing will be available to candidate selected following completion of one full year of continuous full-time employment.
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $15.00 (DOE). Pay increases will be provided following successful completion of all training required.
- Following training period be able to run two side by side case packing machines and understand proper operation of the case packing machines.
- Responsible for ensuring machine is operating correctly and feeding the correct amount of product into the case accurately.
- Ensure product flow is smooth and consistent with proper orientation.
- Responsible for making sure the boxes are fully opened and ready for product.
- Supervise and train new employees on the case packing machine as needed.
- Maintain a sanitary work area, including keeping the floor clean of product or film. Ensure work area is free of contamination from tools, equipment or other materials. Ensure all machine parts are being properly stored when not in use.
- SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: The Case Packer Operator is required to stand while operating machines.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college level coursework is preferred.
- 6 months of experience in a manufacturing plant (preferably food production) is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to report to work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work in both hot and cold warehouse environments.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to follow safety rules.
- Ability to accurately record data.
- Team player willing to perform additional duties as required.
- Ability to strictly adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).